Session 1: Primary investigation of the infertile coupleBack to Index
Pages: 1 2  4 5 6 Test
3. Female infertility diagnostics and treatment.
The causes for female infertility can be classified in 5 equal groups:
- uterine tubes factor
- unexplained infertility
- a combination of the above
The primary evaluation of the woman consists of the following:
- 1 - 2 months – at a maximum – measuring the body temperature in the
- HSG (Hysterosalpingography)
- A serum progesterone analysis, once, on day 20 to 23 in the menstrual cycle
- A sperm specimen from the man
- A serum FSH and a serum LH analysis, once, on day 3 to 5 in the menstrual
- Occationally also diagnostic laparoscopy is needed to evaluate the
peritoneal surface and anatomy of the genitals.
includes laparoscopy for
On the basis of these tests the patients can quickly be catalogued and referred.